felix-users mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: How to set default logger
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2013 14:23:19 GMT
On 9/6/13 09:53 , Roland wrote:
> The Logger tries to load the LogService interface. Once the logger is
> initialized it will never check this a second time.
>
>      public Logger(BundleContext context)
>      {
>          m_context = context;
>          try
>          {
>              org.osgi.service.log.LogService.class.getName();
>              m_isLogClassPresent = true;
>          }
>          catch (NoClassDefFoundError ex)
>          {
>              m_isLogClassPresent = false;
>          }
>      }

Perhaps there is some confusion because this is a different Logger. You
are looking in the one in the utils subproject, but the one I'm talking
about is in the org.apache.felix.framework package. The framework
doesn't use this one either, the framework has its own because it never
wants to use a bundle-provided service...this one still does.

-> richard