felix-users mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: How to set default logger
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2013 14:17:03 GMT
On 9/6/13 10:07 , Roland wrote:
> I'm wondering because the framework always writes to sdtout, instead of using
> the LogService.

I already explained that the framework doesn't use a LogService. It
never does. We tried to do so many, many years ago and it was too
problematic. The Felix framework Logger utility class still has the code
in it to use a log service, but the actual method call to enable that
has been commented out for years. The code itself wasn't removed because
there was hope we could eventually re-enable it if we ever figured out a
better way to do it.

As it stands now, if you don't want the framework to use stdout, you
have to pass an instance of the Logger utility into the framework config
map.

-> richard