felix-users mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: After installing Java 8 developer preview, Felix 3.2.2 no longer exports "javax.sql"
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2013 16:10:24 GMT
Hi

Yes, Felix framework 3.2.2 does not have Java 8 API definitions and thus does not expose anything
from the platform at all.

As of Felix framework 4.2.0 Java 8 API definitions are available, which happen to just be
the same as for Java 7 (except with a different export version number) for the time being.

So upgrading to the latest Felix framework (4.2.1 IIRC) should probably solve that problem.

Or, alternatively, you might get the Java8 API definitions from the framework source and update
your local installation.

Regards
Felix