felix-users mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Are bundles containing declerative services and blueprint possible?
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2013 18:12:06 GMT
I've looked but must be missing something, I don't see the deadlock in the thread dump.  In
DS I added some code to do a thread dump on lock acquisition timeout (AbstractComponentManager
obtainLock/dumpThreads)   Is there any chance you could add something like this to the felix
service registry and see what comes out?

thanks
david jencks

On Sep 25, 2013, at 12:21 AM, "Rudolph, Dirk" <Dirk.Rudolph@t-systems.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your response.
>
> The state of the bundle is ACTIVE. Unfortunately the original Exception causing the previously
attacked ISE isn't passed to the ISE itself and therefore not in the stacktrace:

> ERROR: [Thread[FelixDispatchQueue,5,main]] Waited too long to acquire the global lock
own by Thread[FelixPackageAdmin,5,main]; giving up.
to acquire lock for bundle ******* [516] owned by null (lockcount=0)
>        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.acquireBundleLock(Felix.java:4756)
>        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.registerService(Felix.java:2820)
>        at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleContextImpl.registerService(BundleContextImpl.java:251)
>        at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleContextImpl.registerService(BundleContextImpl.java:229)
>        at org.apache.aries.jpa.container.context.impl.PersistenceContextManager.registerEM(PersistenceContextManager.java:286)
>        at org.apache.aries.jpa.container.context.impl.PersistenceContextManager.registerContext(PersistenceContextManager.java:200)
>        at org.apache.aries.jpa.container.context.impl.GlobalPersistenceManager.registerContext(GlobalPersistenceManager.java:123)
>        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor398.invoke(Unknown Source)
>        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
>        at org.apache.aries.proxy.impl.ProxyHandler$1.invoke(ProxyHandler.java:54)
>        at org.apache.aries.proxy.impl.ProxyHandler.invoke(ProxyHandler.java:119)
>        at $Proxy12.registerContext(Unknown Source)
>        at org.apache.aries.jpa.blueprint.aries.impl.NSHandler.decorate(NSHandler.java:235)
>        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor136.invoke(Unknown Source)
>        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
>        at org.apache.aries.proxy.impl.ProxyHandler$1.invoke(ProxyHandler.java:54)
>        at org.apache.aries.proxy.impl.ProxyHandler.invoke(ProxyHandler.java:119)
>        at $Proxy9.decorate(Unknown Source)
>        at org.apache.aries.blueprint.parser.Parser.decorateCustomNode(Parser.java:1273)
>        at org.apache.aries.blueprint.parser.Parser.handleCustomElements(Parser.java:1263)
>        at org.apache.aries.blueprint.parser.Parser.parseBeanMetadata(Parser.java:601)
>        at org.apache.aries.blueprint.parser.Parser.parseBlueprintElement(Parser.java:393)
>        at org.apache.aries.blueprint.parser.Parser.loadComponents(Parser.java:326)
>        at org.apache.aries.blueprint.parser.Parser.populate(Parser.java:277)
>        at org.apache.aries.blueprint.container.BlueprintContainerImpl.doRun(BlueprintContainerImpl.java:315)
>        at org.apache.aries.blueprint.container.BlueprintContainerImpl.run(BlueprintContainerImpl.java:261)
>        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
>        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
>        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
>        at org.apache.aries.blueprint.container.ExecutorServiceWrapper.run(ExecutorServiceWrapper.java:106)
>        at org.apache.aries.blueprint.utils.threading.impl.DiscardableRunnable.run(DiscardableRunnable.java:48)
>        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
>        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
>        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
>        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(Unknown
Source)
>        at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown
Source)
>        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
>        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
>        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>
> This happens because m_globalLockThread isn't null. Just for my understanding: Why is
it necessary for the FelixPackageAdmin Thread to hold a global lock and not a bundle lock
only?

> Just for summary: A quick solution would be to split the bundle in one containing blueprint
and one containing SCR. Another solution would be trying to update org.apache.felix.scr to
the latest release (with adobe CQ this can cause "some" of problems ;-))

> Attached you will find the full thread dump, captured on ISE breakpoint in registerService().
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Dirk

in one bundle. (e.g DS, IPOJO, Blueprint)

> Is there a thread dump for when this problem originally occurs?  Do you know what state
the bundle is in when blueprint gets in trouble?  What got the bundle into this state?

> If there's a deadlock between package admin and something else we should fix it.  (I
recall running into some deadlocks like this a long time ago, but don't recall the details).
 Please also try with DS trunk as there are a _lot_ of changes even from 1.6.2 and any fix
would be made against trunk.