felix-users mailing list archives

From Stuart McCulloch <mccu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2013 02:04:53 GMT
On Aug 22, 2013 3:59 PM, "Felix Meschberger" <fmeschbe@adobe.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Am 22.08.2013 um 09:42 schrieb bokie:
>
> > I was actually expecting to see the Private-Package in manifest because
I've
> > done all my projects "The BND Way" and that was the "point" of
comparison.

> There may be an "removeheaders" instruction somewhere (<_removeheaders>
element in the pom), which may remove the Private-Package header from the
final manifest. In general and by default, the Private-Package header
appears in the manifest.

^ the bundleplugin default is to remove the Private-Package and
Include-Resource headers from the final manifest as they aren't required at
runtime and can be very verbose:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/releases/maven-bundle-plugin-2.4.0/doc/site/xref/org/apache/felix/bundleplugin/BundlePlugin.html#1192

> > At the moment I'm also a little confused as to using the maven scr
plugin -
> > do we only need to run the scr goal, because I don't see any descriptor
> > being generated - I've added both plugins to my pom.
>
> The SCR plugin sets the Service-Component header as a global maven
property. This is picked up by the bundle plugin and thus ends in the
manifest.