felix-users mailing list archives

From Clement Escoffier <clement.escoff...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: iPOJO manipulator and Stackmap Frames
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2013 13:32:44 GMT
Hi,

On 7 août 2013, at 13:31, Debeerst Benjamin <debeerst@younicos.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I am currently running into problems with the classes that get manipulated by iPOJO at
runtime. More concrete, I face the well known [1][2] "VerifyError: Expecting a stackmap frame",
caused by the new validation methods in Java 7.

> However, the bytecode manipulation libraries have been updated since, and they should
be producing correct stackmap frames by now. I am compiling my with Java 7 and running in
Java 7, but still get such verify errors when putting iPOJO components and the iPOJO Runtime
1.10.1 to a Karaf runtime 2.3.2, which in turn featuring ASM 4.1.
> I think these errors should not occur anymore since tehy should have been fixed in version
1.8.2 [1] with the version bump to ASM 3.3.1, right? I could indeed work around this by setting
the env variable "-XX:-UseSplitVerifier", but I feel I should not have to do this. Moreover
since this flag is deprecated and will be removed in Java 8.

> Any opinions to this?

That means we're forgetting some cases. Could you give me an example of code generating the
frame error ?

> Despite from the fact that "it should work" and "there is a workaround", this causes
problems when working with other bytecode manipulating stuff as well. More concrete I'm trying
to integrate EclEmma / JaCoCo to generate code coverage reports on our Pax Exam integration
tests. JaCoCo complains over "Missing or invalid stackmap frames" for classes that are iPOJO
components. The JaCoCo devs seem to be pretty shure they're doing evering correct [3], and
since iPOJO seems to do something wrong already without JaCoco, I indeed think this might
be a iPOJO Bug.

> Are there are people around having integrated Maven, Pax Exam, iPOJO and some code coverage
tool? I'd be happy to hear of some working setups or pointers to working example code.
> Any help is greatly appreciated!

I read something about generating code coverage with pax exam a couple of month ago. I never
tried by myself.

Regards,

Clement