felix-users mailing list archives

From Roland <...@ids.de>
Subject How-To: Wait until all DS are registered
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2013 07:36:22 GMT
Hello Felix/OSGi-experts!

I have a *unknown* number of DS defined in fragmented bundles. Each DS
implements an object-factory which is used to create objects of a
JSON-configuration.
Sometimes it happens that the SCR registers a DS to late from the
perspective of the client. Thus, I have to synchronize and wait until all
declarative services are registered. How can I do that?

My first idea was that it may exist an event that is triggered if the SCR
has just completed its work. But I've never found anything in the code.
My second idea was that I could search for service-components in each
fragmented bundle of a particular host and compare them with the registered
services. But this is very time consuming and the proceeding is similar to
the SCR. So, why not using the SCR?
My third idea was that I could wait until a particular service is regisered
(ServiceTracker). But, this is very time consuming because in the worst case
I have to wait until the timeout expires for each DS. And I also want to
keep the system stupid.

What else can I do?

Thanks & Regards
Roland