felix-users mailing list archives

From bokie <jms.cer...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DS - activate method [activate] not found; Component will fail
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2013 09:01:23 GMT
Hi David,

This is a strange problem, but it probably won't be strange when it gets
identified :)

To answer some of your questions...

*Is there another copy of the p.b.r.n.s.b.Notifier class in one of the
embedded jars?*
No there is not another copy of the p.b.r.n.s.b.Notifier class in one of the
embedded jars.

*Do you have the Bundle-Classpath set up so the main part of the jar comes
before the embedded jars?*
Here is the current Include-Resource and Bundle-ClassPath definitions:
Include-Resource: lib/axis/1.4/axis.jar,\
  lib/axis/1.4/axis-ant.jar,\
  lib/axis/1.4/jaxrpc.jar,\
  lib/axis/1.4/wsdl4j-1.5.1.jar,\
  lib/axis/1.4/saaj.jar,\
  lib/axis/1.4/commons-discovery-0.2.jar,\
  lib/axis/1.4/activation.jar,\
  lib/axis/1.4/javax.mail-1.5.0.jar
Bundle-ClassPath: .,\
  axis.jar,\
  axis-ant.jar,\
  jaxrpc.jar,\
  wsdl4j-1.5.1.jar,\
  saaj.jar,\
  commons-discovery-0.2.jar,\
  activation.jar,\
  javax.mail-1.5.0.jar

*Is there another copy of ComponentContext somewhere, perhaps in an embedded
jar?*
No.

*Do you have the same Import-Package in the manifest with and without the
embedded jars?*
Yes the Import-Package is the same:
Import-Package: !javax.swing*,\
	org.exolab.castor.xml;resolution:=optional,\
	org.apache.tools.ant*;resolution:=optional,\
	org.apache.commons.net*;resolution:=optional,\
	org.apache.commons.httpclient*;resolution:=optional,\
	org.apache.bsf;resolution:=optional,\
	com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl;resolution:=optional,\
	com.sun.jimi.core;resolution:=optional,\
	*

*I think looking at the bundle class loader will reveal the problem, but
aside from the ideas above I'm not sure what to suggest.
*How would be the best way to go about looking at the bundle's class loader?

Regards,
Jorge