felix-users mailing list archives

From "Debeerst Benjamin" <debee...@younicos.com>
Subject iPOJO manipulator and Stackmap Frames
Date Wed, 07 Aug 2013 11:31:44 GMT
Hi folks,

I am currently running into problems with the classes that get manipulated by iPOJO at runtime.
More concrete, I face the well known [1][2] "VerifyError: Expecting a stackmap frame", caused
by the new validation methods in Java 7.

However, the bytecode manipulation libraries have been updated since, and they should be producing
correct stackmap frames by now. I am compiling my with Java 7 and running in Java 7, but still
get such verify errors when putting iPOJO components and the iPOJO Runtime 1.10.1 to a Karaf
runtime 2.3.2, which in turn featuring ASM 4.1.
I think these errors should not occur anymore since tehy should have been fixed in version
1.8.2 [1] with the version bump to ASM 3.3.1, right? I could indeed work around this by setting
the env variable "-XX:-UseSplitVerifier", but I feel I should not have to do this. Moreover
since this flag is deprecated and will be removed in Java 8.

Any opinions to this?

Despite from the fact that "it should work" and "there is a workaround", this causes problems
when working with other bytecode manipulating stuff as well. More concrete I'm trying to integrate
EclEmma / JaCoCo to generate code coverage reports on our Pax Exam integration tests. JaCoCo
complains over "Missing or invalid stackmap frames" for classes that are iPOJO components.
The JaCoCo devs seem to be pretty shure they're doing evering correct [3], and since iPOJO
seems to do something wrong already without JaCoco, I indeed think this might be a iPOJO Bug.

Are there are people around having integrated Maven, Pax Exam, iPOJO and some code coverage
tool? I'd be happy to hear of some working setups or pointers to working example code.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Best,
Benjamin

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-3145