felix-users mailing list archives

From Bruce Jackson <br...@inqmobile.com>
Subject Felix and scala
Date Sun, 02 Jun 2013 16:18:04 GMT
Hi All

Have an annoying problem at the moment, and I'm struggling to find a solution so thought I'd
ask:

I'm using Felix and have packaged up the scala runtime library and also Goose (https://github.com/jiminoc/goose)
into bundles (along with the other various things they require). The goose bundle is basically
just a lib folder containing the goose jar and then the various import/exports it needs.

I have then written a simple bundle that creates a TestGoose instance from the activator that
simply does:

Configuration config = new Configuration();
config.setEnableImageFetching(false);
Goose goose = new Goose(config);
Article article = goose.extractContent("http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-22723221");

When I run this, I see the following error:

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.gravity.goose.extractors.StandardContentExtractor$
	at com.gravity.goose.Configuration.<init>(Configuration.scala:77)

This same code (and library jar) works perfectly when I just create a 'regular' Java app with
the libraries on the classpath, and looking at the Goose source, I'm pretty happy that I have
correctly satisfied all of the import requirements that Goose needs. The one thing I've not
seen before is this kind of class: com.gravity.goose.extractors.StandardContentExtractor$
which I guess must be a Scala thing. Would there be anything in the Felix bundle classloader
that would prevent this being loaded correctly?

Thanks

Bruce

This e-mail is only intended for the person(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain CONFIDENTIAL
information. Any opinions or views are personal to the writer and do not represent those of
INQ Mobile Limited, Hutchison Whampoa Limited or its group companies.  If you  are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, retention, disclosure, copying,
printing, forwarding or dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this  communication in error, please erase all copies of the message and its
 attachments and notify the sender immediately. INQ Mobile Limited is  a company registered
in the British Virgin Islands. www.inqmobile.com.