felix-users mailing list archives

From Chetan Mehrotra <chetan.mehro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Running several instances of Felix
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2013 07:47:56 GMT
Do you want to launch multiple jvm (seprate processes) of Felix or
within same process multiple Felix instances?

Chetan Mehrotra

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 1:12 PM, Benoît Thiébault <thiebault@artenum.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> We have developed a simulation software based on OSGi and using Felix.
>
> The execution of the application is done in a script that executes the following command:
> java -jar -Dfelix.config.properties=file:./resources/felix/config.properties ./dependencies/thirdparty/felix-4.0.2/felix.jar
>
> We then have two folders containing all the OSGi bundles that are automatically installed
and started by felix when it is launched.

> This works very well.
>
> Users have however requested to be able to launch several instances of our software (to
run several simulations in parallel for instance). This however does not work and I think
felix has difficulties dealing with the cache folder when multiple instances are running in
parallel