felix-users mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: declarative Services
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2013 09:15:30 GMT
Hi,

On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 12:10 AM, bokie <jms.cercas@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm quite comfortable with OSGi and Felix but have I've never used
> Declarative Services. I've started reading up on the topic and started to
> ask my self some questions...

I'm going to shamelessly plug my small example app at
https://github.com/bdelacretaz/OSGi-for-mere-mortals - I think it
demonstrates how DS simplifies OSGi, including ConfigurationAdmin.

The Dependency Manager is totally invisible to the programmer in that
example, and that's a good thing IMO.

Apache Sling is also extensively based on DS, and we're very happy
with the results - if you want concrete examples you could have a look
as well (but that's a fairly large codebase).

-Bertrand