felix-users mailing list archives

From Benoît Thiébault <thieba...@artenum.com>
Subject Re: Running several instances of Felix
Date Thu, 20 Jun 2013 07:19:41 GMT
Agreed.
What other options are there to prevent this?

Le 19 juin 2013 à 10:27, Neil Bartlett a écrit :

> Well, if you're happy to throw away all your users' persistent data, and start OSGi from
a blank slate every time...

> --
> Neil Bartlett
> Sent from a phone
>

> On Wednesday, 19 June 2013 at 09:04, Benoît Thiébault wrote:
>
>> Does Felix automatically interpret system properties in the config.properties files?
>>
>> That would indeed be a simple solution.
>>
>> This would however mean that each execution will create a new cache folder that will
not be deleted. I guess I should create it in the /tmp folder so they get cleaned.

>> Benoît
>>
>> Le 19 juin 2013 à 09:54, Chetan Mehrotra a écrit :
>>
>>> If you just want to share the bundles between various Felix instances
>>> you can try specifying a different value for
>>> 'org.osgi.framework.storage' [1] for each launch command say by
>>> passing in a system property. This would allow Felix to use different
>>> dir for its caches and hence would avoid any potential issue related
>>> to concurrent access.
>>>
>>> [1] http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-framework-bundle-cache.html
>>>
>>> Chetan Mehrotra

./dependencies/thirdparty/felix-4.0.2/felix.jar

automatically installed and started by felix when it is launched.

of our software (to run several simulations in parallel for instance). This however does not
work and I think felix has difficulties dealing with the cache folder when multiple instances
are running in parallel

com.sun.*, sun.*, org.w3c.dom.traversal