felix-users mailing list archives

From Neil Bartlett <njbartl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Running several instances of Felix
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2013 08:27:42 GMT
Well, if you're happy to throw away all your users' persistent data, and start OSGi from a
blank slate every time...

--
Neil Bartlett
Sent from a phone

On Wednesday, 19 June 2013 at 09:04, Benoît Thiébault wrote:

> Does Felix automatically interpret system properties in the config.properties files?
>
> That would indeed be a simple solution.
>
> This would however mean that each execution will create a new cache folder that will
not be deleted. I guess I should create it in the /tmp folder so they get cleaned.

> Benoît
>
> Le 19 juin 2013 à 09:54, Chetan Mehrotra a écrit :
>
> > If you just want to share the bundles between various Felix instances
> > you can try specifying a different value for
> > 'org.osgi.framework.storage' [1] for each launch command say by
> > passing in a system property. This would allow Felix to use different
> > dir for its caches and hence would avoid any potential issue related
> > to concurrent access.
> >
> > [1] http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-framework-bundle-cache.html
> >
> > Chetan Mehrotra
> >

> > On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 1:19 PM, Benoît Thiébault <thiebault@artenum.com>
wrote:
> > > Multiple JVM (and separate processes).

./dependencies/thirdparty/felix-4.0.2/felix.jar

automatically installed and started by felix when it is launched.

of our software (to run several simulations in parallel for instance). This however does not
work and I think felix has difficulties dealing with the cache folder when multiple instances
are running in parallel

com.sun.*, sun.*, org.w3c.dom.traversal