felix-users mailing list archives

From Holger Hoffstätte <holger.hoffstae...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Compatibility problem between osgi 4.3 & felix bundle repository 1.6.6
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2013 12:35:09 GMT
On 03.06.2013 15:00, Roland wrote:
> Hello community,
> After I integrated the Felix-Bundle-Repository
> (org.apache.felix.bundlerepository 1.6.6) some OSGi 4.3 methods could not be
> resolved such as Bundle.adapt () or Bundle.getVersion (). The reason is that
> Felix-Bundle-Repository requires OSGi-Core-4.1.0.
> As short-term solution I deleted the OSGi Core 4.1 dependency from the build
> path. However, that is reversed if i run  eclipse:eclipse . Does anyone have
> a better idea?

>From your description it sounds like you're using maven with the
old-style eclipse plugin (sane good choice btw) and the OBR jar simply
pulls in a transitive dependency, which due to classpath flattening &
maybe lexicographic sorting ends up in front of the classpath. This has
probably nothing to do with OSGi. :)

Most likely the problem is that your project does not explicitly depend
on a framework version and relies on one or more transitive
dependencies; consequently you're getting exactly what you asked for..or
more precisely *didn't* ask for.

Therefore the solution is probably simply to add the framework version
of choice as top-level dependency to your project. This should override
the inclusion of the older transitive version via OBR. If it does not,
dependency:tree will show you why the old framework is getting pulled
in. See [1] for more.

Ich hoffe das hilft weiter :)
Holger

[1] http://blog.sonatype.com/people/2010/05/maven-101-dependency-management/