felix-users mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Running several instances of Felix
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2013 08:47:57 GMT
Hi

Am 19.06.2013 um 10:04 schrieb Benoît Thiébault:

> Does Felix automatically interpret system properties in the config.properties files?

IIRC it does.

Regards
Felix

> That would indeed be a simple solution.
>
> This would however mean that each execution will create a new cache folder that will
not be deleted. I guess I should create it in the /tmp folder so they get cleaned.

> Benoît
>
> Le 19 juin 2013 à 09:54, Chetan Mehrotra a écrit :
>
>> If you just want to share the bundles between various Felix instances
>> you can try specifying a different value for
>> 'org.osgi.framework.storage' [1] for each launch command say by
>> passing in a system property. This would allow Felix to use different
>> dir for its caches and hence would avoid any potential issue related
>> to concurrent access.
>>
>> [1] http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-framework-bundle-cache.html
>>
>> Chetan Mehrotra
>>

>> On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 1:19 PM, Benoît Thiébault <thiebault@artenum.com>
wrote:
>>> Multiple JVM (and separate processes).

./dependencies/thirdparty/felix-4.0.2/felix.jar

installed and started by felix when it is launched.

our software (to run several simulations in parallel for instance). This however does not
work and I think felix has difficulties dealing with the cache folder when multiple instances
are running in parallel

com.sun.*, sun.*, org.w3c.dom.traversal