felix-users mailing list archives

From Benoît Thiébault <thieba...@artenum.com>
Subject Re: Running several instances of Felix
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2013 08:04:43 GMT
Does Felix automatically interpret system properties in the config.properties files?

That would indeed be a simple solution.

This would however mean that each execution will create a new cache folder that will not be
deleted. I guess I should create it in the /tmp folder so they get cleaned.

Benoît

Le 19 juin 2013 à 09:54, Chetan Mehrotra a écrit :

> If you just want to share the bundles between various Felix instances
> you can try specifying a different value for
> 'org.osgi.framework.storage' [1] for each launch command say by
> passing in a system property. This would allow Felix to use different
> dir for its caches and hence would avoid any potential issue related
> to concurrent access.
>
> [1] http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-framework-bundle-cache.html
>
> Chetan Mehrotra
>

> On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 1:19 PM, Benoît Thiébault <thiebault@artenum.com> wrote:
>> Multiple JVM (and separate processes).
>>
>> Le 19 juin 2013 à 09:47, Chetan Mehrotra a écrit :
>>
>>> Do you want to launch multiple jvm (seprate processes) of Felix or
>>> within same process multiple Felix instances?
>>>
>>> Chetan Mehrotra

./dependencies/thirdparty/felix-4.0.2/felix.jar

installed and started by felix when it is launched.

software (to run several simulations in parallel for instance). This however does not work
and I think felix has difficulties dealing with the cache folder when multiple instances are
running in parallel