felix-users mailing list archives

From Roland <...@ids.de>
Subject Re: Loader constraint violation. gogo-command exports org.osgi.service.log
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2013 07:48:46 GMT
Hello Neil,
I wrote my own LogReaderService and integrated it to the felix-launcher
because I want to have an influence what is logged, how and when. The whole
has its origin in the need that I would like to log everything during the
Felix-launch. This works very well. The error occurs when a second bundle
imports org.osgi.service.log. The error affected the interface LogEntry,
which I also had to implement. My separate LogService-Bundle processes
LogEntry. GoGo-Command exports the same package (org.osgi.service.log) as
osgi-compendium, which includes LogEntry. Unfortunately, it is unavoidable
that this is dependent on the start order of the bundles, which is not a
good programming style, but if you study usual approaches to log interfaces,
it is common that bundles must have startlevels. If the OSGi-Core would
include the LogReaderService it would be beneficial. But why does
GoGo-Command exports this package? I always thought it is a norm to make
sure that a package is exported only once. Well, does not matter now. I
solved the problem. It is a bit cumbersome, but it works!

Thanks and Regards...
Roland