felix-users mailing list archives

From Roland <...@ids.de>
Subject Best Practice System Startup
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2013 08:06:10 GMT
Hi there.
I use the RepositoryAdmin to install my application and the requirements
automatically. My Felix-Launcher starts felix and deploys my application.
But I have to suppose that on the first start of Felix the RepositoryAdmin
is not installed. Thus, I can not load the OBR. I have to take care that the
RepositoryAdmin is started as soon as the systembundle. I have a similar
problem with Felix-logger (org.apache.felix.log). I want to log Felix on
startup but the Log-Service does not yet exist.
My solution is the following...
To I embed the RepositoyAdmin into my Felix-lauchner and I add it's
Acitvator-class together with the HostActivator-Class to the Felilx-property
FelixConstants.SYSTEMBUNDLE_ACTIVATORS_PROP. This works fine. But I also
export some Utility-Packages that I need in my Bundles. I'm running into
Export/Import-issue because I can not export "embedded" Packages
(RepositoryAdmin) and export my own packages at the same time (???).

In short: "Which came first: the chicken or the egg?"

What is the best practice for resolve requirements of a
customer-felix-launcher? (The autostart-directory is not an option for me.)

regards
Roland