felix-users mailing list archives

From Robert Munteanu <romb...@apache.org>
Subject SCR 1.6.2 behaviour change - services bound in an activate method are no longer bound back to the same component instance
Date Tue, 28 May 2013 14:52:43 GMT
Hi,

I've noticed a behaviour change when upgrading from SCR 1.6.0 to 1.6.2 .

In the Apache Sling project we have a component which binds service
references in its own activate method, and expects them to be bound to
itself later on ( see [0], near the end of the activate method ).

With SCR 1.6.0, these components are bound. With 1.6.2 they are not bound.

I found nothing relevant to this edge case in the OSGi Declarative
Services spec, so my question is : is this change intended or
accidental?

Thanks,

Robert

[0]: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/trunk/bundles/servlets/post/src/main/java/org/apache/sling/servlets/post/impl/SlingPostServlet.java