felix-users mailing list archives

From Michiel Vermandel <mverm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [iPOJO] FieldInterceptor question
Date Tue, 21 May 2013 13:17:18 GMT
Hi Clement,

I know it its possible like that, but I am a bit afraid that the overhead of this implementation
will be considerable if this field is called very frequently.

Regards,

Michiel

-----------------
http://www.codessentials.com - Your essential software, for free!
Follow us at http://twitter.com/#!/Codessentials

________________________________
 From: Clement Escoffier <clement.escoffier@gmail.com>
To: users@felix.apache.org; Michiel Vermandel <mvermand@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 1:15 PM
Subject: Re: [iPOJO] FieldInterceptor question

Hi,

Yes of course.

Check this handler (used for testing purpose) doing somewhat what you want:
https://github.com/apache/felix/blob/trunk/ipojo/runtime/core-it/src/it/ipojo-core-external-handlers-test/src/main/java/org/apache/felix/ipojo/runtime/externalhandlers/components/CheckServiceAndFieldInterceptorHandler.java

Regards,

Clement

On 21 mai 2013, at 12:52, Michiel Vermandel <mvermand@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi,

>I want to use the FieldInterceptor capabilities to initialize a field.
>It isn't hard to do but after analyzing the source code (InstanceManager.java) I'm a bit
afraid of the overhead of using a FieldInterceptor.
>It seems to do quite a lot.
>In my scenario, I just want to initialize the field upon first access and then, once initialized,
the FieldInterceptor should not do anything anymore.