felix-users mailing list archives

From Roland <...@ids.de>
Subject ClassCastException after isAssignableTo()
Date Tue, 07 May 2013 15:17:15 GMT
ClassCastException - not again!

Hello everyone,
after hours of investigation of my problem i resign.

I embedded Apache Felix 4.3 to my host application, i use the maven blugin
to build my project and i have 3 bundles.

Bundle A (systembundle)
Bundle B (exports a interface)
Bundle C (implements this interface)

Bundle C imports the interface and registers the implementation of the
interface as a service.
Bundle A imports the interface and uses this service.

In the activator method of the systembundle (A) i have following code
snippets.

I get a ClassCastException after isAssignableTo().

I checked if the interface and the implementation are fully separated.
The imports and exports of (A,B,C) are correct.
The classloaders are the same, namely the classloader of the bundle which
exports the interface (B).
I checked if the interface-package is imbedded to other bundles, but it
exist only one version in (B).
I checked if i'm inside or outside of OSGi. I'm definitly inside of OSGi.

Have someone an idea whats going wrong? What else can I check?
Maybe a switch to Equinox might help. Should I?

Thank you so much so far.
regards
Roland