felix-users mailing list archives

From Neil Bartlett <njbartl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Web Application Bundle (WAB) and Native Code
Date Tue, 16 Apr 2013 15:55:52 GMT
Yes. A WAB is nothing more than a bundle that includes the
Web-ContextPath header, therefore it can use any feature that an
ordinary bundle uses. This includes Bundle-NativeCode.

Note that the native code may not be correctly loaded if you deploy
the WAB as a WAR into a traditional JavaEE (i.e. non-OSGi) container
such as Tomcat. However this is outside the control and scope of OSGi.

Interestingly if your WAB never needs to deploy to non-OSGi
containers, then you don't actually need the -wab instruction.

Neil