felix-users mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: About "extend" and "multiple" attributes of felix bundlerepository
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2013 13:32:59 GMT
On 4/30/13 04:14 , Tang Yong wrote:
> Hi Richard, Team
>
> I have some questions about "extend" and "multiple" attributes of felix
> bundlerepository while using obr:
>
> My obr xml file has the following contents, eg.

> <require name='package' filter='(&amp;(package=...))' extend='false'
> multiple='false' optional='false'>
>
> 1) what is the meaning of "extend" attribute?

It was a flag to indicate that the source "extends" the target, so the
target may not be aware of the source but it might be a good idea to
also deploy the source if you deploy the target. It was meant for
discovery purposes.

> 2) I have seen source and I found that while using obr to deploy a
> resource, it seems that "extend" and "multiple" attributes have not any
> effect on deploying, is right?

The currently implementation does nothing with either, although the new
OBR resolver implementation does take cardinality (i.e., multiple) into
account. However, the OBR implementation hasn't been refactored to use
the new OBR resolver yet.

I think "extend" has been dropped from the latest repository work.

-> richard