felix-users mailing list archives

From Dan Gravell <elstensoftw...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Shutdown deadlock on OS X while doing AWT stuff
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2013 14:23:02 GMT
> How are you launching the framework?

I'm just running felix.jar.

> If you are using the standard Felix launcher, it registers a VM shutdown
> hook to actually stop the framework which can sometimes cause issues. Since
> you are explicitly stopping the framework, you could disable the launcher's
> shutdown hook in conf/config.properties...look in that file and you'll see
> how to disable it.

Well, I could be explicitly stopping the framework, or the stop could occur
when the OS is shutdown and it *appears* this com.apple.eawt._AppEventHandler
kicks in and calls System.exit... Does that count as an explicit stop?

Note that my reading of the stack trace may not be correct. After all, I
would've thought someone had noticed this before.

Dan