felix-users mailing list archives

From Sunil Varghese <opensu...@gmail.com>
Subject Felix tutorial (beginner question)
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2013 20:27:39 GMT
Hi,

I'm working through the Felix tutorial and I've been very happy with its
coverage.  When running example 6, I'm finding that the service event
listener only triggers on registration of the dictionary object in
example2b (French).  It does not trigger for the dictionary object in
example2 (English).

The registration code is the same for both bundles:
        Hashtable<String, String> props = new Hashtable<String, String>();
        props.put("Language", "French");
        context.registerService(
            DictionaryService.class.getName(), new DictionaryImpl(), props);

The service listener is setup in example6 as
        m_context.addServiceListener(this,
                "(&(objectClass=" + DictionaryService.class.getName() + ")"
+
                "(Language=*))");

I don't believe that this behavior is correct and would appreciate if you
would clarify this.  Thank you,

regards,
Sunil