felix-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Burks <aburk...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: File Install System Properties
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2012 20:21:48 GMT
Hello Felix,

Thanks for the response. Yes, file install supports java properties, but my question is that
is there any way to set a custom java property with the value of a system variable? I've tried
specifying it in the system.properties file but it did not work. The only way I could get
it to work was setting the property on the command line when starting up my karaf instance.

- Andrew

On Dec 4, 2012, at 10:16 AM, Felix Meschberger <fmeschbe@adobe.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> (Not knowledgeable in the internal details)
>
> Your description sounds like File Install supports Java system properties as replacement
variables. This is not the same as environment variables.

> Regards
> Felix
>
> Am 03.12.2012 um 15:18 schrieb andrew burks:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a few questions about FileInstall and system properties. I am working in a
linux environment and I would like to know if I can use an environment variable as a substitution
property in a config file. If so, how would I go about this? I have created an environment
variable and substituted it in my fileinstall config file but fileinstall says that it does
not exist. I know it exists because I am able to echo the contents of the variable on the
command line. I discovered a workaround online but this involved changing the bin/karaf startup
script and this isn't the the way I would like to go. Could you let me know what I am doing
wrong here? I am using apache karaf 2.2.7 and file install 3.2.2.