felix-users mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: File Install System Properties
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2012 15:16:45 GMT
Hi,

(Not knowledgeable in the internal details)

Your description sounds like File Install supports Java system properties as replacement variables.
This is not the same as environment variables.

Regards
Felix

Am 03.12.2012 um 15:18 schrieb andrew burks:

> Hi,
>
> I have a few questions about FileInstall and system properties. I am working in a linux
environment and I would like to know if I can use an environment variable as a substitution
property in a config file. If so, how would I go about this? I have created an environment
variable and substituted it in my fileinstall config file but fileinstall says that it does
not exist. I know it exists because I am able to echo the contents of the variable on the
command line. I discovered a workaround online but this involved changing the bin/karaf startup
script and this isn't the the way I would like to go. Could you let me know what I am doing
wrong here? I am using apache karaf 2.2.7 and file install 3.2.2.