felix-users mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: maven-bundle (BND) plugin support for OSGi R4.3 SCR annotations (org.osgi.service.component.annotations)
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2012 15:07:11 GMT
So they ought to work :-)

Note that you need to specify which classes to be scanned for annotations.  In a bnd.bnd file
this is with

-dsannotations=<list of classes to match>

where you can use globbing patterns in the list, e.g. -dsannotations=* means scan everything.

I haven't used m-b-p for a while but I think the syntax there would be <_dsannotations>*</_dsannotations>

There's also non-spec flags

-dsannotations-inherit that get bnd to try to inherit annotations from superclasses

and

-ds-felix-extensions that allows the return-a=map-of-service-properties from lifecycle methods
feature of felix ds trunk.

thanks
david jencks

On Nov 2, 2012, at 7:48 AM, Stuart McCulloch wrote:

> FYI, the trunk of m-b-p (and the latest deployed snapshot) currently include a local
copy of the bnd "next" branch for testing purposes - once bnd is officially released and available
on Maven central we'll change this over to a proper dependency. Also note that there have
been some API changes since the last official release of bnd that required corresponding changes
in the m-b-p internals.

> On 2 Nov 2012, at 14:33, David Jencks wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure how it currently relates to the maven-bundle-plugin but the bnd "next"
branch supports the R$.3 annotations completely.  I'm not sure what's holding up release of
this at bnd, nor whether you can use a pom property to get the m-b-p to use a different bnd
if you built it yourself.

>> david jencks
>>
>> On Nov 1, 2012, at 10:12 PM, Nick Smith wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Does anyone know if the 'maven-bundle' plugin supports the SCR annotations from
the OSGi R4.3 specifications (in the org.osgi.service.component.annotations package)? My maven
project creates the SCR component definitions XML if I use the annotations from the biz.aQute.bnd.component.annotation
package but not if I use the R4.3 spec annotations.