felix-users mailing list archives

From Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com>
Subject Re: Metadata service and arrays
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2012 08:36:37 GMT
Just tried it and it works very well with the web console. However, I use
file install (3.2.6) with "write back" enabled. When I look in the property
file it looks like this:

*  qualifiers = [Ljava.lang.String;@50b742d3*

And on restart that is also what is displayed in the web console. In other
words, file install and the metadata service are handling arrays in
different, incompatible, ways. The metadata service uses the cardinality
property. File install does not recognize the cardinality property but
instead uses the special syntax "{A,B,C}" to recognize an array.

I think the way to fix this is to make file install recognize array types
and then persist them using the {...} syntax.

Also, if I put {A,B} in the properties file and then look in the web
console how this is interpreted, it looks like one   string with the value
"{A,B}" instead of two strings with the values "A" and "B" respectively. It
makes me wonder whether it is file install or iPOJO itself that supports
the {...} syntax.

Do you think I should create a JIRA for this? (for file install)

/Bengt