felix-users mailing list archives

From Simon Chemouil <schemo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Creating annotated components programmatically with iPojo API
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2012 15:51:25 GMT
Hi Clement,

Thanks for your answer.

I knew about "regular" factories.  I did solve my problem that way in
the mean time. That's the indeed the most natural solution but I was
hoping for a solution that doesn't involve exposing the factory as a
public service, since I want only "my code" to be allowed to create
new instances. I was hoping for a solution in iPojo for this :).
Is there any way to achieve this, as in getting the factory
programmatically for an already annotated components from a separate
bundle without exposing it as an OSGi service? :-)

Thanks for your help,

Simon

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 9:16 AM, Clement Escoffier
<clement.escoffier@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Unfortunately, when you're using the API and the PrimitiveComponentType it creates an
empty component type that you need to describe by yourself. If your class is already using
annotations, you just have to use the published Factory. Each (public) component type is accessible
using a Factory service. By default the service.pid is the class name of the class (except
if the 'name' is configured).