felix-users mailing list archives

From Simon Chemouil <schemo...@gmail.com>
Subject iPojo with M2Eclipse
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2012 16:53:32 GMT
Hi again :-)

I'm trying to get iPojo working better with M2E, notably getting the
classes manipulated by the Maven Builder as I modify them.

There was a thread[1] a few months ago with a proposed approach
updating maven-ipojo-plugin and that ended suggesting the use of the
bnd-ipojo-plugin instead. The "ipojo" manifest problem was solved (the
manifest is always up-to-date with iPojo components metadata) but
there is still the problem of the manipulated classes.

Guillaume Sauthier proposed[2] to use the unpackBundle option.
Unfortunately it only works when calling mvn package (e.g, the bundle
has to be packaged first) and I couldn't get it to work on-the-fly
code changes.

I'm using M2E with the Tycho Project Configurator that has support for
the maven-eclipse-bundle's lifecycle. Noably, it nicely refreshes the
manifest when it is updated and provides decent integration with PDE
(that remains useful for Eclipse RCP development...!).

I'd like to have the same kind of smooth integration for on-the-fly
manipulation. I know of the Eclipse iPojo Builder[3] but I'd prefer
something that works with M2E transparently (ideally, detecting the
IPojo BND plugin in the BND configuration, and acting accordingly). Is
there a solution somewhere, or should I have a go at it?

Thanks!

--
Simon

[1] http://markmail.org/message/eub2l3edkveauws6#query:+page:1+mid:b3lau7ntwrgdyna2+state:results