felix-users mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: how can i give a ConfigurationPermission to a bundle to configure another bundle
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2012 14:56:56 GMT
Hi Lissuan,

Am 12.11.2012 um 17:48 schrieb Lissuan Fadraga Artiles:

> Hi Felix
>
> It works, but is rarely that only a null argument make the difference,  what
> about this ?

Yes, it makes the difference. I suggest you read the spec for the full details.

In short: the single argument getConfiguration(String pid) call is generally for configuration
consumers. This takes the configuration and binds it to the calling bundle or prevents the
calling bundle from getting the configuration if the configuration is already bound to another
bundle.

The two-argument getConfiguration(String pid, String location) is explicitly intended for
administrative bundles, which manage configuration on behalf of consumers. This allows to
get the configuration and essentially ignore configuration binding if location is null.

Regards
Felix

> Thanks,
> Lissuan