felix-users mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: A couple of Felix Web Console questions
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2012 14:52:32 GMT
Hi,

Am 20.11.2012 um 15:28 schrieb Graham Charters:

> Hi,
>
> I wanted to have a play with the Felix Web Console.  The documentation
> describes *full* and *bare* builds and I tried to find a full build for the
> latest (4.0.0, I think) from felix downloads and also maven central.

With Web Console 4 there is no full build any longer. The reason is that the full build used
to embed but not export the org.json packages. This didn't cope well with the extracted plugins.
So we decided to ditch the full build and just have the "bare" build.

>  So
> far as I can tell, I could only find the bare build (it doesn't appear to
> include the commons & json pre-reqs).  Am I looking in the wrong place or
> does the Web Console only come in the base form now?

Yes, only bare.

> Related to this, I tried to find the pre-req's in maven central.  The 4.0.0
> pom for the web console refers to org.json at version  20070829, but the
> artefact in maven central does not seem to be a bundle.  I can easily
> bundlize it, but I'm wondering where felix is picking this up from?

You can use the Geronimo org.json bundle.

> Many thanks for any help.

Thanks for pointing at these issues. I will update the docs.

Regards
Felix