felix-users mailing list archives

From fabiolf <fabio.l.fons...@gmail.com>
Subject Modifying an iPOJO composite instance in runtime
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 01:36:51 GMT
Hello,

I have a conceptual question about the use of composites in iPOJO. Suppose I
create a CompositeComponentType with two instances inside it and then create
an instance of this CompositeComponentType called A.

Then, somehow, there is a need to add a third instance or swap one of the
two interior instances of A for a third one without having to dispose A and
then recreate it. Would that be possible?

Delving into iPOJO's code, it looks like CompositeComponentType is just a
"template" of a component. The real deal happens later when we use its
metadata to create a Factory and then create an instance from it, right? So,
I wonder if it could be possible to modify the structure of this composite
instance when it is already created.

Thanks,
Fabio