felix-users mailing list archives

From Dan Gravell <elstensoftw...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Uses violations: cascading package version updates?
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 13:18:27 GMT

> If you refresh A after updating it, then both B and C should be refreshed
> too since they depend on it. Then everyone will point to the same version
> of 'a'. No?

Errr... I'm embarrassed to say I don't know.

I'm using OBR and deploying a bunch of bundles (of which A, B and C are a
subset) from a repository.xml. Basically I use a filter string to specify
all of my bundles and then say deploy(START). _Then_ I do the refresh, but
the uses constraints violation has already happened by then (when I did the
deploy). Is there a better way? Should I take each resource and deploy,
refresh, deploy, refresh? I thought refresh was supposed to be grouped to
some extent?

Dan