felix-users mailing list archives

From Christopher BROWN <br...@reflexe.fr>
Subject Re: OSGi 4.3 and Felix 4.0: is PackageAdmin.refreshPackages() obsolete?
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2012 14:16:37 GMT
Hi Richard,

Looking at:
http://www.osgi.org/javadoc/r4v43/core/org/osgi/framework/Bundle.html#adapt(java.lang.Class)

...I don't see any specific mention of the special case for the system
bundle.  Of course, I don't doubt it :-)  but is this detailed somewhere?
 For example, I'd like to know if there are any differences in behavior, if
I can just replace the current call to PackageAdmin (as in, call "adapt()"
at the same point in the code execution path as I currently call
"refreshPackages()"), and so on...

Specifically, I recall from the book "OSGi in Action" - which you may know
:) - p112, section 3.5.3, that the "refreshPackages()" approach is a bit of
a hack.  I'd be more generally interested to find out about how OSGi v4.3
improves this, especially any new related capabilities.

Thanks,
Christopher