felix-users mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: activator start invocation
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2012 14:32:34 GMT
Hi,

Am 25.07.2012 um 18:37 schrieb <Chad.Davis@emc.com> <Chad.Davis@emc.com>:

> I'm kind of unclear on when and how the BundleActivator.start() method get's called.
 I understand that when I invoke the bundle.start(), which my app does, that the lifecycle
method get's called too.

The BundleActivator.start method is always called when the bundle is started. This may be
the result of some code calling Bundle.start or during system startup when all bundles to
be started are started by the framework.

>  What I'm unclear about are the other conditions which would lead to an invocation.
For instance, it seems like the container automatically calls it when I restart my application.
 Does it do that for all bundles in the "running" state?

There is no "running" state but an "active" state. And yes, all bundles in "active" states
have had their BundleActivator.start methods called -- provided there is a declared BundleActivator
in the bundle.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Felix