felix-users mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: ipojo 10 minutes tutorial failed on my computer
Date Sun, 29 Jul 2012 23:26:44 GMT

On 7/29/12 2:06 PM, mailinglist wrote:
> Dear felix professionals.
>
> New to felix and iPojo. Debian Linux, openjdk.
> Tried the 10 minutes tutorial
> http://felix.apache.org/site/ipojo-in-10-minutes.html aiming to learn
> OSGi while I am developing Java utilities.
>
> This error happened and I was not able to google a solution:
>
> Welcome to Felix
> ================
>
> ERROR: Error starting
> file:../spell.checker.gui/output/spell.checker.gui.jar
> (org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle
> spell.checker.gui [9]: package; (package=javax.swing))
> org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle
> spell.checker.gui [9]: package; (package=javax.swing)
>         at
> org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.resolveBundle(Felix.java:3299)
>         at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1657)
>         at
> org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setActiveStartLevel(Felix.java:1128)
>         at
> org.apache.felix.framework.StartLevelImpl.run(StartLevelImpl.java:264)
> -> [WARNING] IPOJO-Extender : Type of component not available: comonent
> [WARNING] IPOJO-Extender : Type of component not available: comonent
> [ERROR] IPOJO-Extender : A parse exception occurs during the parsing
> of the bundle 8
> org.apache.felix.ipojo.parser.ParseException: An instance does not
> have the 'component' attribute
>         at
> org.apache.felix.ipojo.parser.ManifestMetadataParser.parseInstance(ManifestMetadataParser.java:98)
>         at
> org.apache.felix.ipojo.parser.ManifestMetadataParser.getInstances(ManifestMetadataParser.java:74)
>         at org.apache.felix.ipojo.Extender.parse(Extender.java:267)
>         at
> org.apache.felix.ipojo.Extender.startManagementFor(Extender.java:208)
>         at org.apache.felix.ipojo.Extender.access$600(Extender.java:52)
>         at
> org.apache.felix.ipojo.Extender$CreatorThread.run(Extender.java:682)
>

> Could you see my failure?

How are you starting the framework?

Which version of the framework are you running? You should be able to
find out by typing "ps" in the Felix framework shell.

If you are using a really old version of the framework, my guess is that
you are starting it from some directory other than its installation
directory and as a result it cannot find its config file.

-> richard