felix-users mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Uses violations: cascading package version updates?
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 14:52:47 GMT
On 7/25/12 10:38 , Dan Gravell wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 2:27 PM, Richard S. Hall <heavy@ungoverned.org>wrote:
>
>> p.s. The constraint violation happens during deploy, I imagine, because
>> you are leaving your bundles in an active state, so OBR tries to restart
>> them (or you are telling OBR to start them when calling deploy()). The the
>> OBR patch I referenced, this will help since it refreshes before
>> restarting, but OBR is not intended to be a sophisticated management agent,
>> so you might need to write something better.
>>
> Ok, so the important thing here is that the refresh has to be done between
> update and start, correct?
>
> Could this be done with a SynchronousBundleListener? E.g. decide which
> bundles are being updated, then listen for the update event and when it
> occurs perform a refresh on that bundle?

Would not be a good idea. Synchronous listeners are not supposed to
change the state of the bundle they receive an event about since the
framework is often in the middle of some operation on them.

The best way to do this sort of stuff is to create a management agent
that records, deploys, and reinstates the proper state of your
application after deployment operations.

-> richard