felix-users mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Uses violations: cascading package version updates?
Date Wed, 25 Jul 2012 13:27:48 GMT

On 7/25/12 09:18 , Dan Gravell wrote:
>> If you refresh A after updating it, then both B and C should be refreshed
>> too since they depend on it. Then everyone will point to the same version
>> of 'a'. No?
>>
> Errr... I'm embarrassed to say I don't know.
>
> I'm using OBR and deploying a bunch of bundles (of which A, B and C are a
> subset) from a repository.xml. Basically I use a filter string to specify
> all of my bundles and then say deploy(START). _Then_ I do the refresh, but
> the uses constraints violation has already happened by then (when I did the
> deploy). Is there a better way? Should I take each resource and deploy,
> refresh, deploy, refresh? I thought refresh was supposed to be grouped to
> some extent?

p.s. The constraint violation happens during deploy, I imagine, because
you are leaving your bundles in an active state, so OBR tries to restart
them (or you are telling OBR to start them when calling deploy()). The
the OBR patch I referenced, this will help since it refreshes before
restarting, but OBR is not intended to be a sophisticated management
agent, so you might need to write something better.