felix-users mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: about Wire Service Admin
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2012 14:09:37 GMT

On 7/24/12 05:30 , lahami mariam wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I know that the Wire Admin service exist int other framework as
> equinox but the problem that all my case study is implemented using
> felix and i am being familiar to it.

Firstly, I didn't say anything about other frameworks. I said there is
an unreleased implementation of the Wire Admin service in the Felix svn
trunk. Since it is unreleased, you'll need to use svn to check it out
and build it yourself. As I stated, I'm not sure of its status.

But secondly, the whole point of OSGi is to provide a common platform
for running bundles, so there is no real point in restricting yourself
to all bundles from one given project or another. Sort of defeats the
purpose of OSGi. Any bundles can and should be used on any framework. We
should foster an attitude where we use what fits our needs best, not
based on which code repo it comes from.

> If the implementation of this bundle is not good of this service,  is
> there another solution to implement producers and consumers bundles
> and share objects between them ?

I'd personally use something like iPOJO or Declarative Services.

-> richard