felix-users mailing list archives

From Clement Escoffier <clement.escoff...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to get the ComponentInstance from the instance.name attribute?
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 19:57:45 GMT
Hi,

It depends what you want to do with the instance. If 'reading' metadata is enough, then use
the Architecture service and the 'architecture.instance' service property. If you really need
to access the Component Instance, it's more complex. We're trying to improve this in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-3537.
Feel free to comment the issue if you have ideas.

Regards,

Clement