felix-users mailing list archives

From Karl Pauls <karlpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Android and felix
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2012 11:30:46 GMT
If by "app" you mean to say an android app (i.e., an .apk) then I
don't see why you would try to start felix using dalvikvm directly...
You'll need to deploy it inside apk anyways no?

regards,

Karl

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 12:57 PM, ...:::Netwalker:::... <dokuzcan@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>  i get run felix on non rooted android tabled. I only add "export ANDROID_DATA=/mnt/sdcard/felix/felix-cache"
to my shell-script and run it...

> script:
> #/bin/sh
> export ANDROID_DATA=/mnt/sdcard/felix/felix-cache
> /system/bin/dalvikvm  -Xbootclasspath:/system/framework/core.jar -classpath bin/felix.jar
org.apache.felix.main.Main

> My primary goal is it to develop a small android app, that using some OSGI-bundles. Those
bundles provides some services that i would like to use in my android app...

> regards,
>  netwalker
>

> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>> Datum: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 12:47:38 +0200
>> Von: Karl Pauls <karlpauls@gmail.com>
>> An: users@felix.apache.org
>> Betreff: Re: Android and felix
>
>> It might help if you try to explain what you are trying to do and why
>> (i.e., what is your goal)...
>>
>> That said, if you are trying to run felix on a plain (i.e., not
>> rooted) android device, it seems strange to run it using dalvikvm
>> directly. Instead, consider embeding felix into an apk and start as a
>> background service (you'd have to do the plumbing yourself so).
>>
>> regards,
>>
>> Karl
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 12:41 PM, ...:::Netwalker:::... <dokuzcan@gmx.de>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >  big thanks you for your respone. Rooting the device is not a real
>> option for me :(
>> > "bootstrap felix through an apk instead of running dalvikvm directly."
>> > Is there any howtos how to bootstrap felix through an apk??
>> > I trying to run felix embedded i think that is the right way?
>> >
>> > regards,
>> >  netwalker
>> >
>> > -------- Original-Nachricht --------

>> <dokuzcan@gmx.de>

>> such file or
>> for

>> files

>> on
>> android

>> and

>> --output=C:\Users\moohkooh\Desktop\felix-android\bundle\classes.dex
>> >> >> >

>> C:\Users\moohkooh\Desktop\felix-android\bundle\org.apache.felix.shell-1.4.3.jar
>> >> >> >

>> C:\Users\moohkooh\Desktop\felix-android\bundle\org.apache.felix.shell-1.4.3.jar C:\Users\moohkooh\Desktop\felix-android\bundle\classes.dex
>> >> >> >

>> C:\Users\moohkooh\Desktop\felix-android\bundle\org.apache.felix.shell-1.4.3.jar

>> --output=C:\Users\moohkooh\Desktop\felix-android\bundle\classes.dex
>> >> >> >

>> C:\Users\moohkooh\Desktop\felix-android\bundle\org.apache.felix.shell.tui-1.4.1.jar
>> >> >> >

>> C:\Users\moohkooh\Desktop\felix-android\bundle\org.apache.felix.shell.tui-1.4.1.jar
>> >> >> >

>> C:\Users\moohkooh\Desktop\felix-android\bundle\org.apache.felix.shell.tui-1.4.1.jar

>> command.

Is in

>> (http://felix.apache.org/site/documentation.data/osgi-android-felix1.4,androidSDK1.0.zip)?

>> http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-framework-and-google-android.html on my
android tablet, but i always

Method)

>> dalvik.system.PathClassLoader.findClass(PathClassLoader.java:251)

>> since

Section