felix-users mailing list archives

From Allen Lau <allen....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: exporting javax packages to osgi container
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2012 16:26:51 GMT
Hi, see inline.

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 8:03 AM, <Chad.Davis@emc.com> wrote:

> I'm running felix embedded into a host application.  I recently upgraded
> from java 6 to 7.  When I did this, some of the bundles that import various
> javax packages, crypto and management for instance, began failing to
> install.  They now fail because they can no longer resolve those packages.
>
> Several questions:
>

> 1)      Did the migration to java 7 really cause this?  It definitely
> seems like it.

You didn't say how they failed.  Is the package not exported by the system
bundle anymore?
The versions exported by Felix changes based on the JRE used and you may
have to adjust your bundle imports.

> 2)      Should I solve this with the boot delegation felix config
> parameter?
>
> 3)      Or should I use the extra system packages parameter to export via
> the container?

I would check 1 first and if in fact some of the packages are missing, then
either use the extra system packages or create a fragment
bundle to export the necessary packages.  Using a fragment bundle means all
you need to do to switch from java 6 to 7 is the installation of the extra
fragment bundle.

Allen