felix-users mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: exporting javax packages to osgi container
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2012 16:58:35 GMT
On 6/14/12 12:44 , Chad.Davis@emc.com wrote:
>>> I'm running felix embedded into a host application.  I recently
>>> upgraded from java 6 to 7.  When I did this, some of the bundles that
>>> import various javax packages, crypto and management for instance,
>>> began failing to install.  They now fail because they can no longer resolve
>> those packages.
>>> Several questions:
>>>

>>> 1)      Did the migration to java 7 really cause this?  It definitely
>>> seems like it.
>>>
>> You didn't say how they failed.  Is the package not exported by the system
>> bundle anymore?
> I don't know for sure, but it seems like they are not.  I simply get the error that says
that a given import of a the bundle being installed was not satisfied; it's javax.crypto.
 If I add that one manually via the extra system packages config, it then starts complaing
about javax.management.

>> The versions exported by Felix changes based on the JRE used and you may
>> have to adjust your bundle imports.
> Indeed.  So I actually figured that out.  I looked at the default.properties file in
the framework jar and saw that it sets the org.osgi.framework.system.packages to various things
based upon the jre version.   Apparently, 3.0.2 was prior to java 7 so it simply doesn't have
a mapping for 7.

> I'm upgrading to felix 4.0.2 to solve the problem.

Probably wise, but you can also just add that property to 3.0.2
default.properties...

-> richard