felix-users mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: unresolved dependency on package org.osgi.framework version=1.5
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 13:32:00 GMT
On 6/8/12 14:52 , Stefan Wachter wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> many thanks - you hinted me into the right direction. The problem is
> that the Felix servlet bridge comes with a custom framework.properties
> file (cf.
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/http/samples/bridge/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/framework.properties)

> because it also adds the javax.servlet, and javax.servlet.http
> package. This file has not been updated for a while and still contains
> the line:
>
> org.osgi.framework; version=1.4.0, \
>
> I will see how the default.properties can be tweaked to include the
> servlet API.

If the servlet bridge only wants to append a few packages to the system
bundle exports, it should use org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra
to just add those packages. This won't change the default. However, if
they need to remove some packages, then they don't have much choice. Not
sure which it is, but you could open a bug against it.

-> richard