felix-users mailing list archives

From <Chad.Da...@emc.com>
Subject RE: exporting javax packages to osgi container
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2012 16:44:33 GMT

> > I'm running felix embedded into a host application.  I recently
> > upgraded from java 6 to 7.  When I did this, some of the bundles that
> > import various javax packages, crypto and management for instance,
> > began failing to install.  They now fail because they can no longer resolve
> those packages.
> >
> > Several questions:
> >

> > 1)      Did the migration to java 7 really cause this?  It definitely
> > seems like it.
> >
> You didn't say how they failed.  Is the package not exported by the system
> bundle anymore?

I don't know for sure, but it seems like they are not.  I simply get the error that says that
a given import of a the bundle being installed was not satisfied; it's javax.crypto.  If I
add that one manually via the extra system packages config, it then starts complaing about
javax.management.

> The versions exported by Felix changes based on the JRE used and you may
> have to adjust your bundle imports.

Indeed.  So I actually figured that out.  I looked at the default.properties file in the framework
jar and saw that it sets the org.osgi.framework.system.packages to various things based upon
the jre version.   Apparently, 3.0.2 was prior to java 7 so it simply doesn't have a mapping
for 7.

I'm upgrading to felix 4.0.2 to solve the problem.