felix-users mailing list archives

From "...:::Netwalker:::..." <dokuz...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Android and felix
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2012 10:57:16 GMT
Hi,
 i get run felix on non rooted android tabled. I only add "export ANDROID_DATA=/mnt/sdcard/felix/felix-cache"
to my shell-script and run it...

script:
#/bin/sh
export ANDROID_DATA=/mnt/sdcard/felix/felix-cache
/system/bin/dalvikvm  -Xbootclasspath:/system/framework/core.jar -classpath bin/felix.jar
org.apache.felix.main.Main

My primary goal is it to develop a small android app, that using some OSGI-bundles. Those
bundles provides some services that i would like to use in my android app...

regards,
 netwalker

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> [...]

> directly. Instead, consider embeding felix into an apk and start as a
> background service (you'd have to do the plumbing yourself so).
>
> regards,
>
> Karl
>
> On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 12:41 PM, ...:::Netwalker:::... <dokuzcan@gmx.de>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >  big thanks you for your respone. Rooting the device is not a real
> option for me :(
> > "bootstrap felix through an apk instead of running dalvikvm directly."
> > Is there any howtos how to bootstrap felix through an apk??
> > I trying to run felix embedded i think that is the right way?
> >
> > regards,
> >  netwalker
> >
> > -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> >> Datum: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 10:48:35 +0200
> >> Von: Karl Pauls <karlpauls@gmail.com>
> >> An: users@felix.apache.org
> >> Betreff: Re: Android and felix
> >
> >> This path is not under control of felix. Bundles will be installed
> >> inside a cache and the path of that cache is controled by felix (this
> >> includes the classes.dex files of the bundles) - however, we can't do
> >> anything about the dalvik-cache location for the felix.jar itself.
> >>
> >> You'll have to search around to see whether there is a dalvikvm option
> >> to give a different dalvik-cache path. If not, I guess you are stuck
> >> with either rooting your device or bootstrap felix through an apk
> >> instead of running dalvikvm directly.
> >>
> >> regards,
> >>
> >> Karl
> >>
> >> On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 9:39 AM, ...:::Netwalker:::...
> <dokuzcan@gmx.de>
> >> running sh felix.sh from the shell, DDMS logs an exception:

> >> '/data/dalvik-cache/mnt@sdcard@felix@bin@felix.jar@classes.dex': No
> such file or
> >> directory
> for
> >> bin/felix.jar
> >> (/data/dalvik-cache/mnt@sdcard@felix@bin@felix.jar@classes.dex)

> files
> >> to my

> >> files
> >> run

> on
> android

> and

> --output=C:\Users\moohkooh\Desktop\felix-android\bundle\classes.dex
> >> >> >

> C:\Users\moohkooh\Desktop\felix-android\bundle\org.apache.felix.shell-1.4.3.jar
> >> >> >

> C:\Users\moohkooh\Desktop\felix-android\bundle\org.apache.felix.shell-1.4.3.jar C:\Users\moohkooh\Desktop\felix-android\bundle\classes.dex
> >> >> >

> C:\Users\moohkooh\Desktop\felix-android\bundle\org.apache.felix.shell-1.4.3.jar

> --output=C:\Users\moohkooh\Desktop\felix-android\bundle\classes.dex
> >> >> >

> C:\Users\moohkooh\Desktop\felix-android\bundle\org.apache.felix.shell.tui-1.4.1.jar
> >> >> >

> C:\Users\moohkooh\Desktop\felix-android\bundle\org.apache.felix.shell.tui-1.4.1.jar
> >> >> >

> C:\Users\moohkooh\Desktop\felix-android\bundle\org.apache.felix.shell.tui-1.4.1.jar

Is in
> >> zip
> >> >> > >

> (http://felix.apache.org/site/documentation.data/osgi-android-felix1.4,androidSDK1.0.zip)?

> http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-framework-and-google-android.html on my android