felix-users mailing list archives

From fabiolf <fabio.l.fons...@gmail.com>
Subject What is the most efficient way to know when a iPOJO instance is validated?
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2012 20:00:12 GMT
Hi all,

I'm sorry, I did a terrible mistake here! Of course you and Richard are
right, the Bundle.start() is not asynchronous. I got myself confused here!
Let me explain it.

I am using iPOJO to make my life easier when binding services. So, I declare
the iPOJO components in my bundle and, in runtime, the component instances
are created. When all their handlers are valid, the instance is then
validated.

So, the question I wanted to have made in first place was: how can I know,
from the moment I start the iPOJO components bundle with Bundle.start(),
that its component instance is validated (without having to code something
in the validate callback of the component)? The process I wanted to have
said that is asynchronous is the iPOJO instance validation, not the
Bundle.start() call... sorry about that. (I have fixed the message subject
to reflect the real problem)

At first time I thought about using some kind of listener, but it would have
to be an iPOJO listener, right? Because the component instance lifecycle is
managed by iPOJO, right?

Thanks in advance!
Fabio